Experience. Skill. Expertise.
A skilled professional with 46 years of experience, more than 250 trials, and the respect of his peers and clients, Roger Nuttall is a seasoned Fresno criminal defense lawyer and personal injury attorney serving clients in Fresno County and throughout the Central Valley.
Roger, a native of Fresno, is one of only three criminal defense lawyers in the Central Valley to be recognized as a fellow with the American Board of Criminal Lawyers, the highest accolade in the practice of criminal law. Becoming a fellow is incredibly difficult: Lawyers have to be nominated by a fellow and had to have tried at least 50 major felony cases to a verdict, winning at least 35 of them. Of the 35 successful cases, at least five of them must be capital or life prison sentence cases. After a background check, the nominees face a vote by the membership. (Source: Fresno Bee)
Roger is honored to be rankedAV Preeminent, the highest ranking available from the Martindale-Hubble Peer Review Ratings, which measures a lawyer’s ethics and legal ability based on an assessment by his or her peers. He is also aSuper Lawyer.
- Attended Fresno schools and graduated from Fresno High School in 1957.
- B.A. Degree (English) in 1962 from San Francisco State College.
- Juris Doctor Degree from Hastings College of Law, University of California, in 1968.
- Deputy District Attorney, Fresno County District Attorney’s Office
- Partner, Law Offices of Smith, Diaso and Nuttall, Fresno, California
- Sole practitioner, Law Offices of Roger T. Nuttall, Inc.
- Partner, Law Firm of Nuttall, Berman and Magill.
- Partner, Law Firm of Nuttall Berman Attorneys
- Partner, Law Offices of Nuttall & Coleman
- Partner, Law Firm of Nuttall, Brown & Coutts (Salt Lake City, UT)
In the Community
Roger is a proud father to three daughters and is a dedicated sponsor of the National Women’s Political Caucus. He recognizes the value of encouraging and supporting women active in the community and, especially, those seeking political office.